Creating Online Stores with WordPress: a 1/2-Day Workshop that makes e-Commerce easy peasy!
This four-hour workshop is very much a hands-on learning event. As a student you will use one of the leading free e-Commerce tools to:
- Build the basic foundation for your store
- Integrate the store seamlessly with your WordPress site
- Describe, price and add multimedia content to products/services you offer
- See how to integrate the store with popular payment processing systems, such as PayPal, manage orders and track sales trends…and much more!
The big payoff: visitors to your store will be able to browse the products and services offered, add items to a shopping cart, place orders, pay for their purchases or make cash donations, and download any digital content that they purchase directly from the store.
You never would have dreamed that e-Commerce could be this easy or effective — and your customers will thank you for it!
What You Will Learn
Besides having a working model of an online store integrated with their Web site, each student completing this course will know how to :
- Add more products/services to the store
- Add product descriptions, photographs and other relevant information to each product/service
- Set up the store to operate in conjunction with a payment processing system, such as PayPal
- Manage orders submitted by customers
- Manage product inventory levels
- Show active products in the storefront, and hide inactive/out-of-stock products
- Allow customers to access any digital media they have purchased (e.g., photographs, e-books or other documents) once payment for their order has been processed
- Manage the customer database
Mr. May is an experienced WordPress trainer who also has been designing and developing software solutions of all types for business, governmental, not-for-profit and personal use for over 30 years. He made a presentation on this topic, Easy Pesay e-Commerce with WordPress, at WordCamp Boston 2012. Mr. May holds a Bachelor of Science degreee in Business Administration from Syracuse University, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Workshop Tuition: $120
Now taking Waitlist Requests for the next workshop
Questions??? Click here to contact the instructor.